ST. CUTHBERT’S CHURCH, 1399 Bayview, fundraising dinner for Emily’s House Children’s Hospice, Gerrard East, Sat. Nov. 2, 6.30 p.m. Tickets $40. Guest speaker Rev. Vicki Burke, spiritual and bereaveament care leader. 416 485-0329.
NORTHLEA UNITED CHURCH, 125 Brentcliffe, Toronto Anaphylaxis Education Group. Dr. Audrey Segal outlines the latest research on allergies. 7-9 p.m., Nominal attendance fee. www.taeg.ca/
MARTHA’S CRAFT SHOW AND SALE, Nov. 21-24, noon-7 p.m., 299 Laird, hand-crafted gifts and creative holiday decorations. Hand-made silver jewellery.
ST. ANSELM’S CHURCH, 1 MacNaughton, Christmas Bake and Craft Sale, Sun. Nov. 3, 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Decorations, white elephant table, preserves. handcrafted sewing and knit goods.
LEASIDE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 670 Eglinton East, Day Kids’ Club, Fri., Nov. 15, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. JK-grade 7, music, crafts, baking, movies and more, snacks and hot lunch provided. $30/child or $50/family. Grade 8 and up appreciated as helpers, community service hours available. Rev. Angela or Phyllis, 416-422-0510.
NORTHEA UNITED CHURCH, monthly Leaside/East York University Women’s Club, 7:30 p.m. Thurs., Nov. 21. www.leaside.org/cfuw/
ST. CUTHBERT’S CHURCH, 1399 Bayview, Christmas Fair, Sat. Nov. 9, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. 416-485-0329. Home baking, jewellery, treasures, housewares, toys, art gallery, gift basket raffle, quilt raffle, crafts and knit items, lunch room with sandwich and sweets luncheon, silent auction with over 120 items.
LEASIDE LIBRARY, McRae Dr.
- We All Become Stories: Experiences of Aging and Memory: Ann Elizabeth Carson and Ellen S. Jaffe, published authors, poets, and story tellers. Mon. Nov. 4, 7-8 p.m. Drop in.
- Heritage Ontario: Barry Penhale and special guests. Tue. Nov 5, 2- 4 p.m.
- Fall Book Sale: Sat. Nov. 9, whole day.
- Ready for Reading Story times: drop in. Preschool: Wed. Nov. 6, 2-2:30 p.m.; Baby Time: Thur. Nov. 7, 9:30-10 a.m., 10:15-10:45 a.m.; Family Time: Wed. Nov. 6, 10:30-11 a.m.; Toddler Time: Wed. Nov. 6, 9:30-10 a.m
- Leaside Garden Society: annual general meeting. Thur. Nov. 14, 7:30-9:30 p.m.
- Monday Afternoon Book Club: Autism. No registration required. Mon. Nov. 18, 2-3 p.m.
- Reducing Stress: Dr. Salima Manji talks on how to reduce stress. Tue. Nov. 19, 7 p.m.
- Youth Advisory Group: Offer suggestions to library collections and programs and accumulate community service hours. Wed. Nov. 27, 4–6 p.m.
- Art exhibit: Visual Pleasure Paintings by Judi Lederman, events all month.
- Trace Manes book club meetings at Leaside Library during renovation. 10:30 a.m. Fridays Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29.
- Christmas Tree Trimming
- Christmas stories, a festive film, and holiday music. Make a decoration for our Christmas Tree. Drop in. Sat. Nov. 30, 10-10:45 a.m.
CENTENNIAL ARENA (formerly Scarbarough Ice Galaxy), 1967 Ellesmere Rd: Leaside synchronized skating teams debut their 2013-2014 competition programs. Guest teams, 50/50 tickets, prizes, and bake sale. Sun. Nov. 17, 7:30 p.m. www.leasideskatingclub.com/