The Leaside/East York University Women’s Club, Thurs. Feb. 20, 7:30, Northlea United Church,125 Brentcliffe Rd. A facilitated discussion on financial literacy followed by refreshments.
Saturday, February 22, 2014, at 9:a.m. Toronto Rehab Foundation’s 11th annual On Track To Cardiac Recovery Walk and Fundraiser, at Toronto Rehab’s Rumsey Centre, 347 Rumsey Rd. Includes an Education Expo, a KidZone, a silent auction, a heart healthy lunch and live entertainment. Connie Sampson, 416-597-3422, Ext. 3757 or www.walkontrack.ca/
- Ready for Reading story times, drop in.
- Preschool: 2-2:30 p.m. Weds: Feb. 5–19.
- Family Time: 10:30-11a.m. Weds: Feb. 5–19.
- Toddler Time: 9:30-10 a.m. Weds: Feb.5–19.
- Baby Time: 9:30-10 a.m. & 10:30-11 a.m. Feb.6–20.
- Smart Women and Money: For women who don’t know where to start, by Brian Condie, BMO Nesbitt Burns. Drop in. Wed. Feb. 12, 6:30 p.m.
- Leaside Garden Society – the Leaside Garden Society meets nine times a year for friendly and informative sessions on gardening topics. Visitors and new members welcome. Thu. Feb.13, 2014, 7:30 – 10:00 p.m.
- Monday Afternoon Book Club, Weird/Odd/Unusual Titles. No registration required. Mon. Feb. 24, 2-3 p.m.
- Smart Phone Basics Workshop: Everyone welcome. Please bring your own device. Wed. Feb. 19, 4–5:30 p.m.
- Heritage Ontario: With Barry Penhale and special guests. 2-4 p.m. Tues. Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25.
- Art Exhibit: Legislating Chaotic Phenomena by James Mason. Colourful photography, Feb. 01-28.
69th Toronto Scouts 90th Anniversary Dinner: Sat. Feb. 22, St. Cuthbert’s Church. Buffet dinner, silent auction, songs, skits, cheers and the opportunity to connect with current, past and future Scouting friends. Scouter Chris, 416-659-7231.
St. Cuthbert’s Anglican Church, Marion Singers, 1399 Bayview, Saturday, Feb. 8, 7:30 p.m. Tickets 416-485-0329, adults $20, seniors and children $15, including refreshments at intermission.
St. Anselm’s students will be competing in the Agnes Macphail Public Speaking Contest, Wed. Feb. 19, 7 p.m. at East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave.
Leaside Lions Club resurrection meeting, Mon. Feb. 10, 1818 Bayview north of Eglinton at Craig Cres., 7-8:30 p.m. firstname.lastname@example.org or Marnie Phoenix, 416-487-7817.
Laugh Out Loud in Leaside, Fri. Feb. 28, William Lea Room in Leaside arena, hosted by Jack Hourigan, Second City alumnus and TV personality. Food and wine pairing stations, silent and live auction, Yuk Yuk’s comedy and live music.