Layers of Leaside in Etobicoke

The Layers of Leaside go to Etobicoke for November.

The Layers tableau display, which describes and illustrates the community’s cultural history and built heritage through maps, images and text, is on display at historic Lambton House, 4066 Old Dundas St. from Nov. 12 to 30. Check 416 767-5472 for times of opening.

Lambton House survives as the last remaining public landmark of Lambton Mills on the Humber River. Established in 1847, it opened the following year and operated continuously as a hotel and tavern for 140 years until its vacancy in 1988.

About Geoff Kettel 194 Articles
Geoff Kettel is a community connector and advocate for “making places better”. He is currently Co-President of the Leaside Residents Association, Co-Chair of the Federation of North Toronto Residents‘ Associations (FoNTRA), member of the Toronto Preservation Board and Past Chair of the North York Community Preservation Panel. He writes a monthly column on heritage and planning in Leaside Life.