This month at the library
- Memories of Leaside Revisited: Share your memories of people and places in Leaside. Bring any photos, memorabilia, questions or stories. Guest speakers: Karen Fraser, Fred King and John Naulls. Wed., March 19, 2-4 p.m.
- Layers of Leaside Exhibit: Encore presentation by the Leaside 100 committee. March 19-March 22 in the community room.
- Monday Afternoon Book Club: Books Made Into Movies. Discussion on suggested titles. No registration required. Mon., March 24, 2-3 p.m.
- Author Visit: Brent Pilkey, author of Toronto-based Rage Mystery series. Wed., March 5, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Youth Advisory Group Meeting: Volunteer at the library and receive community hours. Wed., March 26, 4-6 p.m.
- Girl Power Anti-Bullying Workshop: For girls 12-17. Wed., March 12, 4-6 p.m.
- March Break Programming: Arm’s Length Puppets presents Dandy Lion (for ages 4-12). Free tickets available 30 minutes before the show. No daycares or day camps please. Tues., March 11, 11-12 noon. Family Movie matinee, Mary Poppins, Thurs., March 13, 2-4 p.m.
- Heritage Ontario: Tuesdays, March 4, 18, 2-4 p.m. Information, Ms. Saunders, 416-422-0450.
- Art Exhibit: Recent Light, paintings by Karin Fediw, March 1– 31.
- Leaside Garden Society: Gardening from a Hammock. Author and master gardener Dan Cooper presents low-maintenance gardening for sun and shade. Thurs., March. 13, coffee at 7.15 p.m., presentation at 7.30.
Leaside Lions Club next meeting Monday, March 3, 2014. 7 to 8:30 p.m. 1387 Bayview Avenue. Common Room. For more information contact Marnie Phoenix at 416-487-7817.
Pancake Supper and family fun at St. Cuthbert’s Anglican Church, 1399 Bayview Avenue, Tuesday, March 4, 5:30 – 7:15 p.m. $6 per person, $18 per family. Tickets available Tuesdays-Fridays, 416-485-0329. Everyone welcome!
World Day of Prayer 2014 on Friday, March 7, 1:30 p.m. at Church of St. Augustine of Canterbury, Bayview at Broadway. Theme: Egypt – Streams In the Desert.
Canadian Federation of University Women (Leaside/East York) meeting at 7:30 p.m.,Thurs. March 20 at Northlea United Church, 125 Brentcliffe Rd. Speaker will be Dr. Michael Wayne, History Professor, University of Toronto. Topic is Imagining Black America. www.leaside.org/cfuw
North Leaside Women’s Group – meet Tuesdays at 9:30 to 11 a.m. at Northlea United Church, 125 Brentcliffe Rd in the Fellowship Room. Everyone welcome, admission free. www.northleasidewomensgroup.com
- March 4: Essential Kitchen Gear – Professional Chef Carmen Applegath of Amuse Bouche Catering will share her expertise in the area of kitchen equipment essentials. She will also be able to answer any of your “stewing” or “brewing” questions so come ready to ask Chef Carmen!
- March 25: Author Padma Viswanathan will read from her second novel, The Ever After of Ashwin Rao, and talk about the process of writing it.