- This event has passed.
Leaside Library – May 2016
May 1, 2016 @ 8:00 am - May 31, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
ADULT and TEEN PROGRAMMING:
- The Importance of Handwriting. Clinician Annette Poizner discusses the effects of handwriting on thinking and the brain. Wednesday, May 11, 7-8 p.m. Drop in.
- Kamishibai: A Colourful and Dynamic Form of Japanese storytelling. Learn how to create Kamishibai stories. Wednesday, May 18, 7-8 p.m. Everyone welcome.
- Lea Exhibit — Leaside: The Life of a Garden City. Learn about Frederick Gage Todd, the man who laid out Leaside in 1913, and the garden city principles behind his plan. Friday, May 6, 1-5 p.m. and Saturday, May 7, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Lea Walk — Leaside: The Garden City Revealed. Explore Leaside and the garden city framework on foot. Friday, May 6, 1 p.m., and Saturday, May 7, 10 a.m. Meet at entrance to library.
- Learn About Lynda.com. Learn to access 3,500 video tutorials about various topics using your laptop/tablet and library card. Wednesday, May 25, 7-9 p.m. Registration required.
- Leaside Writers’ Group. Saturdays, May 14, 28. 10-11.45 a.m. Everyone welcome.
- Play Reading Group. A thought-provoking play from comedy to award-winning drama. Saturday, May 21, 10-12 p.m. Call to register.
- Promoting Your Small Business/Selling with Etsy. Established Etsy seller teaches tips and techniques. Wednesday, May 18, 7-8 p.m. Drop in.
- Repair Cafe Toronto. Learn how to fix your own computer. Thursday, May 5, 4-6 p.m. Everyone welcome.
- Service Canada. CPP/OAS Information Session. Learn about employment insurance benefits, labour market information, and provincial programs and services. Friday, May 13, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Drop in.
- LEGO Club. After school. Thursdays, April 7-28, 3:30-5 p.m. Drop in.
- Ready for Reading Baby Time (up to 18 months). Bouncing and tickling rhymes, songs and stories for babies with parents or caregivers. Thursdays, May 5-26, 9:30-10 a.m. & 10:30-11 a.m. Drop in.
- Ready for Reading Family Time (19 months-5 years). Stories, songs, and rhymes for children with parents or caregivers. Wednesdays, May 4-25, 9:30-10 a.m. & 10:30-11 a.m.
- Leaside: Discover Your Heritage. Explore Ontario of yesterday and today with B
arry Penhale and special guests. Tuesdays, May 3-31, 2-4 p.m. Marjorie McLeod 416-425-1392.
- Leaside Garden Society. Barry Porteous speaking on rock gardens. Thursday, May 12. 7:30-9:30 p.m. Plant sale at Trace Manes Park, Saturday, May 14, 9 a.m.-12 noon. 416-422-0538 or .