Deadline for October calendar submissions: September 10, 2013
SOUTH LEASIDE MONDAY GROUP registration day Mon. Sept. 9, 9:30 a.m., Trace Manes Community Centre. For new moms, “veteran” moms and moms-to-be for coffee, socializing and speakers. Caregivers for children.
NORTH LEASIDE WOMEN’S GROUP meets every Tuesday morning from 9:30-11 a.m. at Northlea United Church, 125 Brentcliffe Ave. Our first fall meeting is a social get-together without a speaker on September 17. Anyone is welcome – you don’t have to live in North Leaside! Coffee and tea (free) at 9:30. More info at northleasidewomensgroup.com
LEASIDE GARDEN SOCIETY, A Walk Down the Garden Path with James Graham, president of the Ontario Horticultural Association, Leaside Public Library. Thurs. Sept. 12,7:30 p.m. Sat., Sept. 14, Leaside Garden Society Annual Flower Show, Leaside Public Library. Public viewing 1:30-3:30 p.m.
LEASIDE PUBLIC LIBRARY, individualized tours. 416-396-3835 to book.
- Monday Afternoon Book Club: Books, films and discussions. This month’s theme: poverty. Sept. 9, 2 p.m.
- Author Talk: Husam Wafaei, author of Honourable Defection: a glimpse into an unfinished chapter of the Arab Spring in Syria. Wed. Sept. 11, 7-8 p.m.
- Wills That Work: essential components. Mon. Sept. 16, 7-8 p.m.
- Youth Advisory Group: meet other teens, offer suggestions to library collections and programs and accumulate community service hours. Wed. Sept. 25, 4-6 p.m.
- Celebrate Culture Day: experimental art workshop with Emma Ates, of Mindful Rupa Arts. Fri. Sept. 27, 2-3 p.m.
- Art exhibit: Some Girls in Red Paintings, by Judy Mason, Sun. Sept. 1-Mon. Sept. 30.
LEASIDE EAST-YORK CANADIAN FEDERATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN, first meeting of the year, Thurs. Sept. 19, Northlea United Church,125 Brentcliffe. Social get-together without a speaker.