Deadline for November calendar submissions: October 10, 2013
FALL AWESOME SALE, Leaside United Church, Millwood and McRae, Friday Oct. 18, 3-7 and Saturday, Oct. 19, 10-noon. Bargains in 15 departments including furniture, clothing, books, home decor, treasures, jewellery, electronics, and baking.
PA DAY KIDS’ CLUB, Leaside Presbyterian Church, 670 Eglinton East, Friday Oct. 11, 9-4, for children JK to grade 7. Music, crafts, baking, movies and more. Snacks and hot lunch provided. $30/child or $50/family. Grade 8 and up youth sought as helpers. Rev. Angela or Phyllis, 416-422-0510.
LEASIDE PUBLIC LIBRARY, individualized tours. 416-396-3835.
- Heritage Ontario: Explore Ontario of yesterday and today with Barry Penhale and special guests. 2-4, Tuesdays Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29.
- Ready for Reading Story Times: drop in, no registration.
- Preschool 2- 2:30, Wednesday Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30.
- Baby Time 9:30-10, Thursdays Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24, 31.
- Family Time 10:30-11, Wednesday Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30.
- Toddler Time 9:30-10, Wednesday Oct. 02, 09, 16, 23, 30.
- Moving Towards Reconciliation: From Seeking Justice to Forgiveness. Lecture on the aftermath of war, genocide, or atrocities. Alpha Toronto, the Toronto Association for Learning and Preserving the History of WWII in Asia. Drop in. Monday Oct. 7, 6:30-7:30.
- Monday Afternoon Book Club: Pilgrimage. Monday Oct. 21, 2-3.
- Author Talk: T.A. Keenleyside, At the Table: Nourishing Conversation & Food. Drop in. Monday Oct. 21, 7-8.
- Author talk: Ken Setterington, Branded by the Pink Triangle and why he wrote it for young adults. Thursday Oct. 24, 7-8.
- Youth Advisory Group: Offer suggestions to library collections and programs, and accumulate community service hours. Wednesday Oct. 25, 4–6.
- Art exhibit: Who am I? Patrizia Brasch. Ongoing event. Tuesday Oct. 1-Thursday Oct. 31.
- Trace Manes book club: Meeting at Leaside Library during renovation, 10:30 Friday Oct. 18, 25.
LEASIDE/EAST YORK UNIVERSITY WOMEN’S CLUB, Thursday Oct. 17, Northlea United Church, 125 Brentcliffe Rd. Cathy Marie Buchanan, The story behind The Painted Girls.
LEASIDE GARDEN SOCIETY, Thursday, Oct. 10, 7:30. Chelsea Flower Show–Joanna Blanchard with Daphne Wave. Leaside Public Library.
LEASIDE PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION, Oct. 2, 7:30, Leaside Presbyterian Church, 670 Eglinton Ave. East, Quilting room, all welcome.
FALL MARKET, Northlea United Church, 125 Brentcliffe, 9-1 Saturday Oct. 26, vendors, bake and book sale.
ANNUAL WOMEN’S DINNER, St. Cuthbert’s Church, 1399 Bayview, Friday Oct. 4, 6:30. Men are the servers, wine stewards and clean-up crew. $20 includes wine. 416 485 0329 for tickets.
BLESSING OF ANIMALS, St. Augustine Church, Bayview and Broadway, 7, Friday Oct. 4. Owners and pet lovers welcome.