Deadline for September calendar submissions: August 10, 2013
SUMMER KID’S CLUB, JK to grade 7, Leaside Presbyterian Church, 670 Eglinton East, Aug. 27-29, 9-4. Crafts, music, fun activities, snacks and lunch. $30/day, $75/3 days per child or $50/day, $125/3 days per family. Subsidies available. Volunteer hours available for youth. 416-422-0510.
LEASIDE LIBRARY, 165 McRae Dr.
- Nordic Poling, Thurs., July 11, 3 p.m., with Greg Bellamy of Nordixx.com. Drop in.
- TD Summer Reading Club, to Fri. August 30. Travel the world, sign up and receive your passport and booklet. http://tdsummerreadingclub.ca. Visit the library to report on your books.
- Summer Storytime. Tuesdays, July 9-August 27, 2 p.m. Stories and movies! Drop in. Daycares and day camps welcome.
- Movie Matinees, Thursdays, July 11- August 29, 2 p.m. Drop in. Daycares and day camps welcome.
- Movie Night – Pride & Prejudice, Wed. July 24, 6 p.m. 127 minutes. PG. Jane Austen’s tale of the classic love story of five sisters, with Keira Knightley.
- Book Box Art: Turn this into that, Wed., July 10, 5 p.m. Recycle old books into keepsake boxes! Books provided. Teens 13+ only, advanced activity.
- Art Exhibit: The Most Dangerous Animal: Man, compares warriors from around the world to animals who share similar attack and defence mechanisms. Paintings and drawings By Alexandra Bayliss, July 1-31, ongoing, Community Room.
- Art Exhibit: The Most Dangerous Animal: Textasy Revisited by Guinevere Pura, examines the relationship between semiotics and language. Fragmented romantic sentences and inflorescence imprints are collaged on textiles in this art exhibit. August 1-31, ongoing, Community Room.
- Chess in the Library, every Wednesday, July 3-31, 3–4 p.m. For children, teens and adults. Drop in. Registration for summer session now open.